Thursday, September 6, 2012

BEAD BOWLS


Bead Bowls

If you are a Pinterest addict like me you’ve probably seen the bead bowls all over the place. I know it was one of the first things I “pinned”! I would link it back to the original source but the one I pinned isn't there anymore. I just took what I liked best from all the other ones and went for it! I love that it’s a kid friendly craft! I can just see Grandparents all over are going to be getting bead bowls for Christmas! I love that there is no right way to do them; it is a random art project! Or if you or your kiddos wanted you could make them a little more ordered, all one color, a few colors or just random placing of colors (that’s what I chose) I also loved that this is a very budget friendly craft! I only spent 2 dollars! Yeah I just realized that I may have over used the word "love" in this post but really it's such a great craft what's not to love ;)

 

Here’s what you need!     

Plastic beads (I scored mine at the Dollar Tree 2 bags)

Oven Safe Bowl

Cooking Spray

 Directions

Spray bowls with cooking spray, dump beads into the bowl and smoosh them down. They will start to move up the bowl just keep pressing and they keep going up. When the beads are the height you want them remove any extra beads or add beads if you want it higher!

Place in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it, this is the part that an Adult should do! When they are melted take out of the oven and let cool. Then place bowl in a sink of cool water, your bowl should pop right out! Rinse off the oil and Enjoy your new bowl…




No comments:

Post a Comment